Is your kitchen crammed with pots upon pots stacked one on top of the other? Do you feel like an avalanche could come down on you whenever you open your kitchen cabinets? That’s how we felt, too, before we learned about the best detachable handle cookware sets that feature space-saving designs, among other great features.
For today's review, we decided to provide a quick rundown of the best cookware sets that are affordable, reliable, durable, and have features such as nonstick surfaces, heat distribution, compatibility with any stovetop or oven, etc. To learn more on the topic, stick around for the rest of the review!
Top 5 Detachable Handle Cookware Sets: Reviews
We at SeaLodge Reviews always recommend the best products to our readers. For this review, we conducted thorough research and tested many cookware sets to give you an unbiased and transparent opinion of them and their removable handles.
If you want to learn which sets performed the best and left us wanting to cook more, here are our top 5 picks and their detailed reviews:
The Abizoe cookware set we chose for this review is the compact set made out of two saucepans, two fry pans, two lids, one detachable handle, and five utensils. We would have loved to see the cookware feature more pots and pans than utensils, but at least what we got comes with fantastic quality at an affordable price.
When put to the test, we immediately noticed that the non-stick coat really did its thing, with the food sliding effortlessly out of the cookware. Everything was cooked evenly, whether we were frying, deep frying, boiling, or smoking something.
The best thing about the entire cookware set is the handle, which features an easy-to-master lock and can fit all pots and pans in the set. You can set and remove the handle in seconds, which turns it into oven-friendly, dishwasher-safe cookware.
Overall, we love how compact the cookware set is. It could fit any small kitchen, but it could also be the perfect option for people who like to cook while traveling. Considering the affordable price, anyone should be able to get this cookware and try it out for themselves.
Another cookware set we love using is the Moss & Stone non-stick cookware set that could have five, seven, or ten parts, depending upon your preference. The set is based solely on pots and pans, so you shouldn’t expect to get any utensils with it. Instead, you’ll get a small 9-inch frying pan, a large 11-inch frying pan, a small 6-inch saucepan, a large 7.8-inch saucepan, two lids, a silicone pad, a glove, and of course, the detachable handle.
We often rely on this set in the kitchen because it’s perfect for electricity, gas, ceramic, glass, and induction cooktops. The non-stick surface allows food to glide off, making maintenance and cleaning effortless. After you use the pots and pans, you can store away this stackable cookware set in any tight space.
As for the handle, it attaches and detaches easily, thanks to the quick-lock mechanism. It fits all the cookware in this set and stays cool even when you put it over a hot stovetop.
For a cookware set that comes in four colors and can have between 5 and 10 pieces, this is quite a versatile set that comes at a highly affordable price. With the 1-year warranty, you’ll be covered for at least a year in case of a problem.
ROYDX has released various lines of cookware, tableware, kitchen equipment, and appliances, but none are as good as this 16-piece cookware set. It’s one of the most well-equipped sets, as it comes with everything you need to get started in the kitchen. There are two handles, three lids, three pot protectors, three storage lids, two saucepans, two frying pans, and a steamer.
What we like most is the pot protectors that make storage easy and convenient. Thanks to the protectors, even if you stack the pots and pans, you can rest assured that nothing will be scratched or damaged.
Yet another great thing about this set is that the handles are adjustable and can fit more than just the pots and pans from this set. You can use them on bowls or other cookware if you need to. The locking mechanism is easy to master, whereas the ergonomics are pristine and offer comfort even if you hold the pan in your hand for a prolonged time.
This set's stainless steel pots and pans have fantastic quality and durability, making the entire set an excellent investment opportunity. If you need a space-saving set for your kitchen, you won’t make a mistake by looking into this one.
Are you interested in a white or black-speckled cookware set with a non-stick surface on all pieces? If you want something like this, look into this Country Kitchen cookware set that comes at a great price. We love that this is a healthy, non-toxic cookware set you can use to make food for the entire family.
In this 13-piece set, you get two saucepans, a saute pan, two frying pans, and two pot lids. In addition, there are two removable handles and four pot protectors that are the perfect thing for people who need to stack their pots.
The only tough thing about this set is the delicate non-stick coating that must be maintained to perfection. Even though you can put the cookware in the dishwasher, the company recommends that you wash everything by hand to avoid peeling off the protective coating.
If you ever put the pots and pans in the dishwasher, remove them as soon as the washing cycle finishes.
What we love about this cookware set is the versatility of the pieces and the fantastic design. You can cook the food, remove the handle, and use the cookware as tableware. That saves you money and opens up space in your kitchen.
T-fal is a very famous company for cookware and kitchen electrics. One of its newest inventions is the Ingenio line of cookware with a removable handle. The same cookware pieces can be used with all kinds of stoves, in the oven, and the fridge. There are three pot lids and two silicone storage lids for those who want to store food in the refrigerator.
As for the set's top feature, it has to be the high-quality removable handle with a 3-point safety system that ensures a tight fit. You can lift up to 22 pounds with this handle, which is quite convenient for those who need to cook a lot of food at once.
The only thing that could deter you from this cookware set is the high price. If you’re on a tight budget, you might not be able to get this set. But if you can afford it, it might be the wisest investment you make for you and your kitchen.
The platinum non-stick coating, patented detachable handle, dishwasher-safe, and induction-compatible design make the Ingenio set one of the best sets on the market. We recommend it to all kitchen enthusiasts, as it can make food look and taste good.
Education on Detachable Handle Cookware
It’s essential that you know what you’re looking for when you try and buy any kitchen equipment, especially if you’re a chef or a person who cooks regularly. In the case of cookware, going for detachable handle cookware is an easy decision because it has many advantages over regular cookware. Here are five features that could help convince you that removable handles are the best thing to improve cabinet storage:
- Space-saving: The fact that you can remove the handle and store it apart from the rest of the set is so convenient for people with limited storage space. This allows you to stack the pots, pans, and skillets without anything sticking out or tipping over.
- Safety: Most non-detachable handles are known to become wobbly over time. The problem with that is that you have limited options to fix the handle, so you often get a new pot or pan instead. With detachable handles, you can always adjust the handle and help it get that firm grip on the pot or pan. So, these handles are much safer to use, when you think about it!
- Comfort: Detachable handles can be moved to whatever position feels best to the user. Whether you want the handle on the left or the right, the adjusting will take only a few seconds. In addition, most of these handles come with great ergonomics, so you can always swap them for old, uncomfortable handles that tire your hands.
- Oven-friendly: If you remove the handle, you turn any pan into a pot and prepare it for oven use. The handle helps you turn any cookware into oven-friendly cookware. So, there’s no need to spend extra storage space or money for separate oven cookware.
- Easy maintenance: Finally, we love detachable handles because they’re easy to maintain and make cookware easier to clean. Whether in a sink or dishwasher, you can easily clean the pot or pan and prepare it for storage without worrying about the handle sticking out.
FAQs on the Best Detachable Handle Cookware
Before we wrap up this review, there are a few more frequent questions regarding this specific type of cookware that we want to go over:
Is stainless better than non-stick?
Stainless steel cookware is generally more durable because the material isn’t prone to damage, whereas a nonstick coating can easily be damaged and chipped away from the cookware. However, stainless steel does come with some setbacks, such as difficult maintenance.
What type of cookware is the most durable?
Cast iron cookware is the most durable cookware, but stainless steel cookware sets are also right up there on the list. Which one you get depends on your preferences and needs.
What is the best material for a detachable handle?
The best handle materials include cast iron, stainless steel, and aluminum. You should avoid plastic handles, except when you’re using removable handles. In that case, you can go with a plastic handle that you remove before putting the pot or pan into the oven.
Best Detachable Handle Cookware Brands
Here’s a bit more information on the brands whose products we reviewed above:
- Abizoe: Abizoe is a versatile company that doesn’t focus solely on kitchen equipment and cookware. Instead, it creates all kinds of tools, including saws, drills, impact wrenches, etc. Its products come at affordable prices, which is why so many people choose to try them over other tools and cookware.
- Moss & Stone: Moss & Stone is another company that creates terrific cookware sets but also focuses on all kinds of kitchen equipment, including blenders, mixers, coffee makers, choppers, etc. While the company doesn’t have a website, you can always order its products through Amazon. It offers a 1-year warranty on most items, but its customer support is reportedly not the best.
- ROYDX: ROYDX is a company with a long tradition. It dates back to the 1950s, when a craftsman captured the attention of people with his superb kitchenware that was also affordable and accessible to everyone. Nowadays, the company is a global empire with many products. In addition to cookware, it also creates appliances, tableware, and small pieces of kitchen equipment, so it offers everything you would need to get started in the kitchen.
- Country Kitchen: Country Kitchen is a fairly new company that’s made a name for itself on the market thanks to its well-designed, aesthetic, and durable cookware. Apart from that, it also creates whisks, tongs, measuring tools, wood utensils, etc. All pieces this company produces come at affordable prices, and you can learn more about them on Country Kitchen's Amazon store.
- T-fal: Since the 1950s, T-fal has been creating fantastic cookware and kitchen electrics that have helped them develop a global following. T-fal's products are currently being sold in more than 120 countries, and while their prices are not the lowest, their quality is unprecedented. You can always order their products from their Amazon store, but we recommend that you also consider ordering through the official website to avoid getting scammed.
Thank you for reading this detailed guide on the best detachable handle cookware. Remember that each set comes with its own features and capabilities, so consider your needs when making the final purchase decision.
As our favorite set for today, we recommend the T-fal Ingenio Non-Stick 14 Piece Induction Stackable Detachable Handle Cookware Set, which offers quality, unlike any other set. For those on a tighter budget, we recommend Abizoe 12 Piece Non-Stick Cookware Set Non-Stick Pans and Pots with Removable Handles, which comes with many great capabilities but half the price of the T-fal set.
If you know of other cookware sets with detachable handles that could help improve cabinet storage, please don’t hesitate to mention them in the comments below. We appreciate your input on the topic and would love to learn more about where your passion for cooking comes from and which kitchen equipment you like using most.
About the Author
Tamara J. Sims
As a seasoned kitchen and food writer, Tamara has a remarkable ability to weave words together, transporting readers to the heart of the culinary world. Tamara’s articles are written with an engaging blend of insightful commentary, honesty, and real-world examples based on personal experiences. She has the ability to captivate seasoned food enthusiasts and novice cooks alike.
SeaRanchLodge.com is a participant in the Amazon Associate program and will earn from qualifying purchases.